ProHeart 6 is a medication that prevents heartworm disease in dogs 6 months of age and older. ProHeart 6 is given by injection by your veterinarian. One injection of ProHeart 6 protects your dog from heartworm disease for 6 complete months. ProHeart 6 also treats common hookworm infections that may be present at the time of injection.
What should you discuss with your veterinarian before using ProHeart 6?
Talk to your veterinarian about your dog’s health, past and present, including:
• General health – ProHeart 6 should only be given to healthy dogs.
• Changes in behavior or health, including weight loss, if any.
• Allergies – Past or present, uncontrolled allergies, including food, flea or skin allergies, if any.
• Past problems with or reactions to vaccines or medications,if any.
• Current medications, supplements or special diets, including those you can get without a prescription, if any
Ready to get your pet started on ProHeart 6? Call us today or schedule an appointment with this form!